Triller, M.S.G. Teaming up For Boxing Series
Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. (popularly known as M.S.G. Sports) is a New York City-based sports owning a business. It is a pro sports team management company. The New York Knicks of the Basketball Association and their N.B.A. G League franchise, the Westchester Knicks, as well as the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League and their American Hockey League affiliate, the Hartford wolf pack.
Triller is a clip sharing networking website located in the United States. You might have read about it in the Ryan Kavanaugh News Users can use advanced analytics technologies to make and distribute short-form videos, particularly videos that are set to, or automatically synchronized to, music. Triller was first published in 2015 for iOS and Android, and it functioned as a video editor before integrating social networking functions.
Triller and M.S.G. are teaming up for boxing series?
- It is said that Triller, which produced the Mike Tyson-Roy Jones Jr. demonstration and the Jake Paul-Ben Askren show, has signed a one-year agreement with the Madison Square Garden (M.S.G.) business to bring a quarterly, Tuesday night boxing series to New York’s Hulu Theater.
- The show begins on August 3 with a championship eliminator between No. 9 heavyweights Michael Hunter and Mike Wilson. Chris Algieri, a former 140-pound champion, will participate in the chief-support event at a catch-weight of 144 pounds against a challenger yet to be selected.
- The agreement has not to be ratified yet, but M.S.G. executives approved it on Thursday. The show, titled “TrillerVerz,” will include a Verzuz rap fight between well-known musicians N.O.R.E. and Beanie Sigel. The tournament will be broadcast on F.I.T.E. and Triller T.V., together with Verzuz part taking place after the title fight.
- Ryan Kavanaugh said to E.N.S.P., that “We couldn’t be any more pleased to be reviving ‘boxing Tuesdays’ in boxing’s Mecca, Madison Square Garden, blending the excitement and integrity of boxing with the creativity and cultural relevance of Verzuz”. He expressed his happiness about the event which was going to take place from Aug 3.
- Peter Kahn, Triller’s chief boxing officer, designed the arrangement and oversaw discussions with M.S.G. Kahn will be in charge of the boxing portion of the show. The Verzuz rap bouts will be overseen by producers Swizz Beats and Timbaland. The regional organizer will be DiBella Entertainment.
Michael Hunter vs Mike Wilson was initially slated as part of a compensation fight card on June 19, including Teofimo Lopez vs George Kambosos. After Lopez showed symptoms for COVID, the 135-pound title bout was delayed.