A writer’s roundup of useful things:
1. Do you have regular offsite backup for your electronic files? DropBox makes it easy to keep a current copy safe in the event of laptop theft or house fire, plus it syncs easily between machines.
2. Writing on the go is easy with EverNote. Put a portable version on your iPad or other device, sync with your desktop. The portable version lacks some of the features of the desktop version, such as word count tally, but it’s still a very practical way to take work with you.
3. Feeling like you could use a creative boost? The Creative Pathfinder Course is free and covers a broad range of topics the working creative professional needs, from the challenge of creating on demand to organization and business.
4. Clarion West has announced a lineup of teaching talent to make your jaw drop. For those serious about taking it to the next level, consider this powerhouse workshop.
5. Crunched for time? Write a book in three days with time-tested fiction building techniques.