It’s Thanksgiving and I hope that you are spending time with your family and friends, and that you aren’t sitting around reading blogs. But just in case you are… I think this would be a great day to put out in the universe what makes you feel grateful. Here are some of mine:
1. My family. I’ve the greatest kids and a mostly understanding husband. And I have a supportive mom and dad and extended family that is so amazing it makes me cry sometimes thinking about how great they are.
2. My friends. I have the most AMAZING friends. Truly incredible people that it is my great honor to know.
3. My writing. I’m so grateful that I can follow my dream of being an author. I get to write books that I love and it really doesn’t get any better than that.
4. My dogs. That’s right, Scoobie and Gizmo rate high on this list. They are my office mates and hang out with me all day every day. And they give me unconditional love, which is really hard to find in this world.
5. The Jobs. I’m grateful for my jobs writing about TV and film. I love talking on the radio about the latest movies and I adore going out to L.A. to talk to the TV peeps. I like using a different part of my brain than I do for writing books.
These are just a few of the many things I’m grateful for and I hope you’ll share some of yours.